Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Capabilities of COMSOL for modeling porous medium

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am interested to perform a study on pore to pore simulation for a fluid displacement process (often known as pore network modelling). My focus area is to simultaneously solve Hagen-Poiseuille's Equation and convection-diffusion equation *numerically* for a network of pores connected to each other with a small diameter throat( or pipe). Due to some approximation, I might not use the continuous Convection -diffusion equation but amended discritized version of it. So the pressure and concentration of fluid in each pore may be determined. In this regard first, I plan to construct a porous model, assign the values of pore volumes and throat diameter. Then I want o define set of equations (say Hagen-Poiseulle law and convection-diffusion equation) to be solved for each time step.
I am aiming to use COMSOL software for this study. In this regard, can anybody please provide answer to my following questions?
1- Is COMSOL capable to make different pattern of pore-throat network?
2-Is COMSOL capable to do this kind of pore to pore simulation ?
3- Can we add new equations or amend/discriticize the existing equations?
3-Is COMSOL can produce visualization of results like commercial simulators or it can provide us only the results in number?
Your suggestion would be great help to me

Regards,
Zeeshan

0 Replies Last Post 2010年9月23日 GMT-4 19:35
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Zeeshan Mohiuddin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.