Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Bug squad address?

Jean-Christophe Lavocat

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello community,

I want to know if there is an email adress to contact the maintenance guys from Comsol, or a list with bugs already described. That would avoid numerous email to the support, and time solved for the users.

... anyway, I was asking for a small typo mismatch. Using PDE (coefficient form) in Comsol 4.0a, the equation written with one variable if correct, but it is not correct when used with 2 or more variables.

Take care

4 Replies Last Post 2010年11月18日 GMT-5 07:58
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年9月24日 GMT-4 08:00
Hi

what about studying once the COMSOL main site, such as here (there are other goodies there too ;)

www.comsol.eu/contact/

you have "suggest" and "support" depending if you expect a reply or if it's just a suggestion for improvements (at least that is the way I read the file)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi what about studying once the COMSOL main site, such as here (there are other goodies there too ;) http://www.comsol.eu/contact/ you have "suggest" and "support" depending if you expect a reply or if it's just a suggestion for improvements (at least that is the way I read the file) -- Good luck Ivar

Jean-Christophe Lavocat

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年9月27日 GMT-4 04:09
Hehe Ivar, thanks for the advice ;-)

I browsed this page before posting though, and I thought that announcing bug, and suggesting a feature would have two different email addresses. But I'll post to suggest@...

And I will suggest a 'known bug lists' on the website, so people know what has already been submited or not ;-)

Take care
Hehe Ivar, thanks for the advice ;-) I browsed this page before posting though, and I thought that announcing bug, and suggesting a feature would have two different email addresses. But I'll post to suggest@... And I will suggest a 'known bug lists' on the website, so people know what has already been submited or not ;-) Take care

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年11月18日 GMT-5 06:56
Hi Jean-Christophe,

Did you get an answer about this bug? I've just bumped into it and I'd like to be sure that it is only a typo mismatch and that the equation "behind" is the same in both cases (1 or several variables)...

Thanks
Hi Jean-Christophe, Did you get an answer about this bug? I've just bumped into it and I'd like to be sure that it is only a typo mismatch and that the equation "behind" is the same in both cases (1 or several variables)... Thanks

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年11月18日 GMT-5 07:58
I had searched for an easier solution too. They always suggested me to send it to support. But again something like bugs@comsol.com would have been nice, or even a bug tracker. But, I understand that they wouldn't like an open bug tracker.
--
Comsol 4.0a
Ubuntu 10.04.1
I had searched for an easier solution too. They always suggested me to send it to support. But again something like bugs@comsol.com would have been nice, or even a bug tracker. But, I understand that they wouldn't like an open bug tracker. -- Comsol 4.0a Ubuntu 10.04.1

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.