Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

V4.0a: perimeter integration

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

I have a 3D solution on a disc plane and I want to get a diagram with radius as x-axis and integral over perimeter of one result (in my case magnetic flux density) as y-axis.
Did anyone have done something like this in version 4.0a ?
I play with parameterized 3D curve and line integration, but this will produce only one value for one radius and no diagram for radius from zero to Rmax...

Ralf

2 Replies Last Post 2010年9月24日 GMT-4 05:46
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年9月22日 GMT-4 16:09
Hi,

I would suggest to try via a cylindrical coordinate frame and define a integration projection operator on the angular variable.

I believe too there is an example somewhere with radial plots, could be in RF but then it could also be performed on a fixed boundary, not sure anymore

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi, I would suggest to try via a cylindrical coordinate frame and define a integration projection operator on the angular variable. I believe too there is an example somewhere with radial plots, could be in RF but then it could also be performed on a fixed boundary, not sure anymore -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年9月24日 GMT-4 05:46
Hi Ivar!

Thanks for your reply!
I try to use the linear projection, but did not find a solution. It seems to be not possible to add a second geometry in one model. Only a second model...
With a second geometry I think it should be possible to project the result of a cylinder to a rectangle (or disc to a line).
Also the definition of the projection and using of cylindrical coordinates is difficult to understand in V4.

Best regards,
Ralf
Hi Ivar! Thanks for your reply! I try to use the linear projection, but did not find a solution. It seems to be not possible to add a second geometry in one model. Only a second model... With a second geometry I think it should be possible to project the result of a cylinder to a rectangle (or disc to a line). Also the definition of the projection and using of cylindrical coordinates is difficult to understand in V4. Best regards, Ralf

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.