Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Is Comsol 4 leaking memory?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey all,

Since Comsol 4 saves the results to the solution files on harddisk, I can not understand why my memory goes from 2GB to 12GB in time. I have a probe that shows data on solver timesteps and the rest are very big time steps. I occasionally clean the table of the probe. So normally a 1e-3 s timestep has a 3GB file size for 1 s simulation, but (probably recently) it started to bring the RAM to 12GB.

Best,
Danial

ps. I can not post this to support as I am still waiting for 2 other tickets.

0 Replies Last Post 2010年8月16日 GMT-4 05:42
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Danial Tz

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.