Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

simple question

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

How can I export the calculated eigenfrequencies in a simple *.txt- File?
Thanks!

kind regards,
Steve

2 Replies Last Post 2010年7月28日 GMT-4 06:18
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年7月28日 GMT-4 06:12
Hi

in V3.5 with matlab you can do something like:

flist = []
for k = 1:length(fem.sol.lambda)
flist = [ flist ; -imag(fem.sol.lambda(k))/2/pi ]
end

and you have your list in "flist"

Else you can do a copy paste ibelieve from the list in te GUI (not sure)

you have alos this one to plot a series

function plot_eigenfrequency(fem,N)

for i=1:N

postplot(fem,...
'tridata','your_solution',...
'solnum',i);

end

Good luck
Ivar
Hi in V3.5 with matlab you can do something like: flist = [] for k = 1:length(fem.sol.lambda) flist = [ flist ; -imag(fem.sol.lambda(k))/2/pi ] end and you have your list in "flist" Else you can do a copy paste ibelieve from the list in te GUI (not sure) you have alos this one to plot a series function plot_eigenfrequency(fem,N) for i=1:N postplot(fem,... 'tridata','your_solution',... 'solnum',i); end Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年7月28日 GMT-4 06:18
Hello Ivar!

I managed it in V4.0 with Results -> Derived Values -> Point Evaluation -> Copy Table to Clipboard.
Thanks for your help!

Hello Ivar! I managed it in V4.0 with Results -> Derived Values -> Point Evaluation -> Copy Table to Clipboard. Thanks for your help!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.