Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

using matlab with comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I'm using MATLAB R2009b with windows seven, my COMSOL version is 3.4. I've saved my model in comsol with mfile but I can't run it in matlab.

what scould I do??

6 Replies Last Post 2011年3月28日 GMT-4 10:55

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年6月6日 GMT-4 13:39
Hi,

This is because you are using an older version of Comsol!!
You have two alternatives: Downgrading your Matlab version or upgrading your Comsol version!!

Good Luck
Hi, This is because you are using an older version of Comsol!! You have two alternatives: Downgrading your Matlab version or upgrading your Comsol version!! Good Luck

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年6月7日 GMT-4 06:28
Hi,

How can I upgrade my comsol version???

Thank you
Lamia

Hi, How can I upgrade my comsol version??? Thank you Lamia

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年6月7日 GMT-4 07:26
Hi

That you must check with your COMSOL office in your region, and receive (if you have a maintenance suscription), or buy the recent CD (which allows you still to run older versions, but I cannot tell if thios goes as far as 3.4, as there is 3.5 an 3.5a in between yours and the new 4.0

Good luck
Ivar
Hi That you must check with your COMSOL office in your region, and receive (if you have a maintenance suscription), or buy the recent CD (which allows you still to run older versions, but I cannot tell if thios goes as far as 3.4, as there is 3.5 an 3.5a in between yours and the new 4.0 Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年6月7日 GMT-4 09:44
Hi,

I downgraded my Matlab to version (Matlab 7.5 R 2007b) but when I run my programme I recieve the following message:
??? Undefined variable "com" or class "com.femlab.util.Prop".

it means, it doesn't know the comsol functions.
Also, I can't connect COMSOL to MATLAB. I recieved the following error message;

c:\programme files\matlab\bin\win32\matlab.exe desktop-r"path('c:\comsol 34\multiphysics;c:\comsol 34\demo;c:\comsol34\cad;c:\comsol 34\em;c:\comsol 34\chem;c:\comsol 34\sme;c:\comsol 34\es;c:\comsol34\reaction;c:\comsol34\fatigue;c:\comsol 34\optmod,path);comsolmexpath('c:\comsol 34'):initcomsol;comsol ('connect');"

How can I solve this problem???

Thank you

Lamia
Hi, I downgraded my Matlab to version (Matlab 7.5 R 2007b) but when I run my programme I recieve the following message: ??? Undefined variable "com" or class "com.femlab.util.Prop". it means, it doesn't know the comsol functions. Also, I can't connect COMSOL to MATLAB. I recieved the following error message; c:\programme files\matlab\bin\win32\matlab.exe desktop-r"path('c:\comsol 34\multiphysics;c:\comsol 34\demo;c:\comsol34\cad;c:\comsol 34\em;c:\comsol 34\chem;c:\comsol 34\sme;c:\comsol 34\es;c:\comsol34\reaction;c:\comsol34\fatigue;c:\comsol 34\optmod,path);comsolmexpath('c:\comsol 34'):initcomsol;comsol ('connect');" How can I solve this problem??? Thank you Lamia

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年6月7日 GMT-4 10:36
Hi,

Please refer to the attached file.
Hi, Please refer to the attached file.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年3月28日 GMT-4 10:55
Hi, I am having the same problem, being unable to connect to Matlab and I tried to follow the troubleshooting hints, however, it is impossible to do the following:
"The MATLAB root folder may change over updates and if COMSOL can not find the MATLAB
root, a connection between the two can not be made. The MATLAB root folder can be
configured for COMSOL in the comsol.opts file found in the COMSOLROOT/bin folder.
Edit the value of the “mlroot” variable. COMSOL needs to be restarted after editing the file."

The extension .opts is not recognized by any program, and therefore it is impossible to open.

Does anyone have any suggestions please.

Thank you

Marina
Hi, I am having the same problem, being unable to connect to Matlab and I tried to follow the troubleshooting hints, however, it is impossible to do the following: "The MATLAB root folder may change over updates and if COMSOL can not find the MATLAB root, a connection between the two can not be made. The MATLAB root folder can be configured for COMSOL in the comsol.opts file found in the COMSOLROOT/bin folder. Edit the value of the “mlroot” variable. COMSOL needs to be restarted after editing the file." The extension .opts is not recognized by any program, and therefore it is impossible to open. Does anyone have any suggestions please. Thank you Marina

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.