Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Eigenfrequency analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I am new in comsol and facing problem to find out eigenmodes. It will be very helpful if someone can give some advice. I am trying to find out eigenvalue of dielectric surface(2D) of circular shape which is kept inside the vacuum and a PML condition is applied at the boundary of the vacuum. Here I have used IN PLANE TE WAVE and outside PML boundary condition is PEC and continuity is given at the boundary of circle and inner boundary of the PML. In this case, it solves for 6 eigenvalues but I don't get the 1st mode..don't understand why. Another problem is that if I sove for 10 eigenvalues then it gives the following error message. Can anyone tell how can it be solved?

Error:
Maximum number of Arnoldi iterations reached.
Increase the dimension of the Krylov subspace.
Not all eigenvalues returned.

1 Reply Last Post 2010年5月15日 GMT-4 00:29

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年5月15日 GMT-4 00:29
Check out multiphysics user and if needed the reference guide in the section of eigenvalue solvers to sort out how to get rid of the error. I cannot recall the details unfortunately because I have not used anything much in eigenvalue problems but the aforementioned documents do mention some parameters about increasing the rigor and 'bruteness' of eigenvalue search.
Check out multiphysics user and if needed the reference guide in the section of eigenvalue solvers to sort out how to get rid of the error. I cannot recall the details unfortunately because I have not used anything much in eigenvalue problems but the aforementioned documents do mention some parameters about increasing the rigor and 'bruteness' of eigenvalue search.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.