Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to define the thickness in acoustics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm having a problem with combining the structural mechanics and acoustics module. My model consists of a 2D model with a certain depth which can be perfectly defined in the mechanics module, but it seems to me impossible to do this in acoustics. Is there a simple solution to define this depth? So, I'm just wondering whether it is possible to model a box in 2D without extruding the mesh. I also thought of making an extra geometry for the acoustics part and coupling it with the original geometry but I prefer an easier method because this method is pretty sensitive to errors.

I have looked in the manual of COMSOL, the internet and this forum but I could not find the answer.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

3 Replies Last Post 2012年7月3日 GMT-4 16:21
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mark Herink

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年7月2日 GMT-4 18:47
have you figure how to do it yet?
have you figure how to do it yet?

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年7月3日 GMT-4 05:38
Hi,

In the end I made a 3D model; I was not able to get it working in 2D, also because I had to extend the model and add more parameters for which 2D is not sufficient.

Regards,

Mark
Hi, In the end I made a 3D model; I was not able to get it working in 2D, also because I had to extend the model and add more parameters for which 2D is not sufficient. Regards, Mark

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年7月3日 GMT-4 16:21
thanks.
thanks.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.