Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Dependent Variables Issues with Heat Transfer in Porous Media

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In my model I'm simulating the mass diffusion present in a section of soil directly above an underground coil fire. To simulate the underground coal fire I'm using the Darcy flow, heat transfer through porous media, and solute transport modules.

To simulate the diffusion of the gases through the soil, I'm using the temperature dependent diffusion coefficient D_L. The equation used to calculate D_L is in the the variable section of the model and references temperature T from the heat transfer physics. The issue I'm running into is that the model does not appear to be pulling the correct temperature values from the model to then calculate the diffusion coefficient.

When I run the model with the temperature dependent diffusion coefficient the gas flux does not diffuse correctly.

Is there some reason why the temperature from the model would not be fed back into the equation for D_L?

Thanks,

1 Reply Last Post 2014年4月14日 GMT-4 22:52

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年4月14日 GMT-4 22:52
Could my issue be happening because my physics aren't coupling correctly?
Could my issue be happening because my physics aren't coupling correctly?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.