Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Entering source term

Moses Omolayo Petinrin

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi

Please, what do I do to enter the equation in the attached file as the source term of heat energy equation for solification process in comsol multiphysics.
Please check the attached file.

I am write this way:
S=d(((Th_Cond(T)/cp_s2)*d((cp_s2-cp)*T,r)),r)+d(((Th_Cond(T)/cp_s2)*d((cp_s2-cp)*T,z)),z)-d((rho_ls(T)*(1-B)*u*((cp_l-cp_s2)*T)),r)-d((rho_ls(T)*(1-B)*w*((cp_l-cp_s2)*T)),z)

If so what other things needed to be done

1 Reply Last Post 2013年6月27日 GMT-4 06:01

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年6月27日 GMT-4 06:01
Hi,

Just looking at your equation system, I would do it the following way:

Define all these under variables:
Hs=cp_s2*T
H=cp*T
Keff=Th_Cond(T)
fs=xx
u =xx
us=xx
v=xx
vs=xx
cs=xx
S=1/r*d(r*keff/cs*d(Hs-H,r),r)+d(keff/cs*d(Hs-H,z))-d(rho*fs*(u-us)*(Hs-H),r)-d(rho*fs*(v-vs)*(Hs-H),z)

Finally, in the source term, I would just input S as the variable.

I am not questioning your formulation, but just be careful in dealing with axisymmetric problems.

But anyway double check.

Suresh
Hi, Just looking at your equation system, I would do it the following way: Define all these under variables: Hs=cp_s2*T H=cp*T Keff=Th_Cond(T) fs=xx u =xx us=xx v=xx vs=xx cs=xx S=1/r*d(r*keff/cs*d(Hs-H,r),r)+d(keff/cs*d(Hs-H,z))-d(rho*fs*(u-us)*(Hs-H),r)-d(rho*fs*(v-vs)*(Hs-H),z) Finally, in the source term, I would just input S as the variable. I am not questioning your formulation, but just be careful in dealing with axisymmetric problems. But anyway double check. Suresh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.