Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to 'fill' the space between two parametric curves.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good morning,

I'm trying to make an S shape drawing to my model that consists in two rectangles and 4 parametric curves ( forming 2 semi-circles).
But when I make the extrusion the parametric part of the drawing doesn't come out as a solid, but rather as a line.

How can I make my extrusion for the S shape part.

I'm uploading a copy of my model so may take a look .

Thank you very much.

3 Replies Last Post 2013年3月23日 GMT-4 11:00
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月20日 GMT-4 08:33
Hi

for an extrusion to work, from a workplane, you must have closed "surfaces" as geometrical objects (topology reasons, you extrude a surface into a volume, because a single line becomes a surface)

so sou need to close the lines (closed loop, you might need to add two straight lines as the other edges are part of the surfaces) and then to "convert to solid" (right click the PLANE GEOMETRY and NOT the Geometry node), then extrude

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi for an extrusion to work, from a workplane, you must have closed "surfaces" as geometrical objects (topology reasons, you extrude a surface into a volume, because a single line becomes a surface) so sou need to close the lines (closed loop, you might need to add two straight lines as the other edges are part of the surfaces) and then to "convert to solid" (right click the PLANE GEOMETRY and NOT the Geometry node), then extrude -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月21日 GMT-4 08:59
Good Morning,

Thank you very much.

I have one more question...

I'm running this model, and I keep getting this error when I do the Frequency Sweep . 0 to 2000 Hz , 1Hz increment.

Error '' Failed to find a solution for the initial parameter.
Maximum number of Newton iterations reached.
Returned solution is not converged. ''

Why !?
Good Morning, Thank you very much. I have one more question... I'm running this model, and I keep getting this error when I do the Frequency Sweep . 0 to 2000 Hz , 1Hz increment. Error '' Failed to find a solution for the initial parameter. Maximum number of Newton iterations reached. Returned solution is not converged. '' Why !?

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月23日 GMT-4 11:00
Hi,

it is not a good idea to do a frequency domain study at 0 Hz. I tried your model with a start frequency of 10 Hz and it converges.

Cheers
Edgar

--
emPhys Physical Technology
Hi, it is not a good idea to do a frequency domain study at 0 Hz. I tried your model with a start frequency of 10 Hz and it converges. Cheers Edgar -- emPhys Physical Technology

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.