How to draw a coaxial closed pipe

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to an archived discussion

Hello,

I am trying to draw a 1D coaxial closed pipe geometry that consists of lines and arcs (portion of a circle). From my understanding, using the Bézier Polygon would be appropriate for this.

However, I am having a hard time figuring out how to define the arcs. The cubic Bézier node in COMSOL requires four control points and four weights as inputs. For the control points I put in the two endpoints 1 and 4 coordinates values (0,0,0) and (0,0,L), as for the two control points 2 and 3 corrdinate values (0,0,1) and (0,0,-1). For the weight point i left the defaults values of 1. Can anyone help validate if correct. Thank you for your help.

1 Reply Last Post 2024年5月7日 GMT-4 12:43
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 weeks ago 2024年5月7日 GMT-4 12:43

I don't understand how anything can be both one dimensional (i.e., "1D") and coaxial. Can you draw, perhaps using pencil and paper, a picture of what you mean, and post it to the forum?

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
I don't understand how anything can be both one dimensional (i.e., "1D") and coaxial. Can you draw, perhaps using pencil and paper, a picture of what you mean, and post it to the forum?

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.