How to use moving mesh to simulate an Electromechanics problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all

I meet a problem when want to solve a multiphysics problem when using solid mechanics and electrostatics.

I use 2D structure. And I have two parallel electrode, and there have two separate dielectrtic layer attached to each electrode, and the air is between them. If we apply the voltage to the electrode, then the two parallel electrode and dielectric layer will attach to each other until contact to contact to each other. I use moving mesh to simulate the moving of air between the electrode, because the electrostatic force have a relationship with volume of air. But I meet a problem, which is with the moving of two electrodes, the gap between two electrode is small, then the moving mesh of air domain cannot remesh, then the simulation is shut down. I want to know whether have a way to solve this problem? Or, whether there has a method to set the Contact criteria, if the gap reach a small value, then the software will assume this two plate have contact each other, stop the remshing and contract process.

Thanks a lot.

Best wishes, Jingcheng

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.