Is Changing the end time of simulation, affects the result?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all, I am new to the comsol, i am facing the issue of changing the run time of my simulation. for example, I run the simulation for 3.5 seconds, its run smoothly. without changing any parameter, if i change only the end time of my simulation to be 20 seconds, then my simulation shows error. what is the reason for this. And also if i change the end time, what are the factors will affect?

Please help me out from this. Thanks in advance

1 Reply Last Post 2024年4月5日 GMT-4 09:59
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 weeks ago 2024年4月5日 GMT-4 09:59

Hello Silambarasan,

By default, the initial timestep taken by the solver is dependent on the final time. So when you change the final time from 3.5 seconds to 20 seconds, the solver attempts to solve the same problem but starting with a longer initial timestep, and occasionally that longer initial time step may result in the solver performing noticeably differently. That seems to be what's happening with your model. Please refer to this Knowledge Base entry for a more detailed explanation and guidelines on how to proceed.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Silambarasan, By default, the initial timestep taken by the solver is dependent on the final time. So when you change the final time from 3.5 seconds to 20 seconds, the solver attempts to solve the same problem but starting with a longer initial timestep, and occasionally that longer initial time step may result in the solver performing noticeably differently. That seems to be what's happening with your model. Please refer to [this Knowledge Base entry](https://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1254) for a more detailed explanation and guidelines on how to proceed. Best regards, Jeff

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.