Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to applicate a Magnetic field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

I'm beginner wuth Comsol and i wish to applicate a magnetic field into the metal structure of a surface acoustic wave sensor.

Thank you for your help

4 Replies Last Post 2012年12月19日 GMT-5 11:34
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年12月16日 GMT-5 03:26
Hi
you can define a flux at the boundaries, or a magnetic field all in your volume, but with the latter will probably not give the best results taking into account that your objects probably change the field quite a bit.

But if you know the geometry of your magnetic source you could include it fully, bt then the model is larger, this could be an issue depending on how much RAM you have.

Last if you want to apply the model as above, but have RAM issues you could try to model it rather coarse, with a box where you want your detailed mode, than add a second model using only the boundary flux of the first calculation and model in detail your local effects

So many "way to Rome", it's just to choose which one ... ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you can define a flux at the boundaries, or a magnetic field all in your volume, but with the latter will probably not give the best results taking into account that your objects probably change the field quite a bit. But if you know the geometry of your magnetic source you could include it fully, bt then the model is larger, this could be an issue depending on how much RAM you have. Last if you want to apply the model as above, but have RAM issues you could try to model it rather coarse, with a box where you want your detailed mode, than add a second model using only the boundary flux of the first calculation and model in detail your local effects So many "way to Rome", it's just to choose which one ... ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年12月18日 GMT-5 04:59
Hello,

thank you for your answer. However,I wish to know how can I apply a magnetic field into a structure whose model: Structural Mechanics Module-Piezoplane stress? I failed to apply the magnetic field with Boundary settings with this type of model.

And I tried to make a model with AC / DC Module-inplane current Induction, Magnetic field, I found how to apply the magnetic field, but not to enter the specific parameters of each material as elastic matrices for example.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards
Hello, thank you for your answer. However,I wish to know how can I apply a magnetic field into a structure whose model: Structural Mechanics Module-Piezoplane stress? I failed to apply the magnetic field with Boundary settings with this type of model. And I tried to make a model with AC / DC Module-inplane current Induction, Magnetic field, I found how to apply the magnetic field, but not to enter the specific parameters of each material as elastic matrices for example. Thank you for your help. Best regards

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年12月18日 GMT-5 05:12
Hi

in COMSOL each "physics" solves for specific dependent variables, so you must add in several physics or use "pre-cooked" "combined physics" for structural and magnetic field analysis

"solid" solves for _u_ = (u,v,w) the displacements, while the ACDC solves for Vm or A the magnetic scalar or vector potential and perhaps V the voltage

The material properties COMSOL asks for depends then on the physics you have selected

If you choose several physics, then you must also link yourself the physics over the boundaries or the domains, whatever applies

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in COMSOL each "physics" solves for specific dependent variables, so you must add in several physics or use "pre-cooked" "combined physics" for structural and magnetic field analysis "solid" solves for _u_ = (u,v,w) the displacements, while the ACDC solves for Vm or A the magnetic scalar or vector potential and perhaps V the voltage The material properties COMSOL asks for depends then on the physics you have selected If you choose several physics, then you must also link yourself the physics over the boundaries or the domains, whatever applies -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年12月19日 GMT-5 11:34
Thankyou for your answer,

I wish to know how could I plot the admittance as function of frequency and magnetic field applied to a surface of a resonator using the model: Inplane induction Current magnetic field.

I'am using COMSOL 3.5a.

Thank you,

Best regards
Thankyou for your answer, I wish to know how could I plot the admittance as function of frequency and magnetic field applied to a surface of a resonator using the model: Inplane induction Current magnetic field. I'am using COMSOL 3.5a. Thank you, Best regards

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.