Plasma spheroidization in comsol

Mohammed Izedin Mohammed

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

For my graduation project, I am working on investigating the plasma region using multi-physics method in the thermal plasma process used for raw material development in additive manufacturing applications. My goal is to simulate the spheroidization process in inductively coupled plasma (ICP), where metal powder particles are melted and reshaped into spherical particles by passing through a high-temperature plasma field.

My main challenge is to model the particle-plasma interaction and the powder spheroidization process in ICP. I have read some of papers on this topic, but I can't figure it out the model used.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me some guidance on how to model the powder spheroidization in ICP plasma. What physics interfaces can i you use or suggest me to use for modeling the powder spheroidization in ICP plasma?

Thank you very much.

0 Replies Last Post 2024年1月30日 GMT-5 13:18
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mohammed Izedin Mohammed

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.