Convergence issue with Non-Newtonian Fluid

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I am working on modeling a non-Newtonian fluid through a bent tube. I am modeling the fluid using the power law and am working in the laminar regime. The model gave unrealistic results using the normal mesh provided by COMSOL, and using the fine mesh yielded better results. When I tried to use the finer mesh, COMSOL didn't converge.

I'd like to make a finer mesh, but I am unsure how to approach this. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to create a finer mesh/provide better boundary conditions to allow COMSOL to converge?

Thank you, Brian

1 Reply Last Post 2023年12月7日 GMT-5 12:42
Laksmi sampath reddy Pulagam

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 months ago 2023年12月7日 GMT-5 12:42

hello brian, the problem can be in either the boundary conditions or low element quality, if the pipe thickness is very less it's better to use boundary generators (try mapping) and use swept method and check for element quality. as far as i know these should be the issue. I hope it helps

hello brian, the problem can be in either the boundary conditions or low element quality, if the pipe thickness is very less it's better to use boundary generators (try mapping) and use swept method and check for element quality. as far as i know these should be the issue. I hope it helps

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.