Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Surface evaporation, condensation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I want to model surface evaporation from a water flow at 40 Celsius and observe the consequent condensation on a cold surface. Can you help me with the model that I should use? I could not find anything similar in the online available models.

Thanks,
SMHH

7 Replies Last Post 2013年3月21日 GMT-4 01:22

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年12月12日 GMT-5 16:09
Hi Dear,
I have similar problem! did u find the solution or any advantages?
You can email me to and we can exchange experience :) : rosspally@gmail.com
Hi Dear, I have similar problem! did u find the solution or any advantages? You can email me to and we can exchange experience :) : rosspally@gmail.com

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年1月8日 GMT-5 05:47
Hi Ross,

Sorry, I saw your message today. I am working on the evaporation through transport of diluted species. This very simple tutorial may help you:

www.che.wsu.edu/~suha/ChE310/comsol/mass(M).pdf

For the phase change (condensation), I did not make any progress yet. But this tutorial might be helpful:

www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/474/

Please let me know if you have any progress too.

Thanks,
SMHH
Hi Ross, Sorry, I saw your message today. I am working on the evaporation through transport of diluted species. This very simple tutorial may help you: http://www.che.wsu.edu/~suha/ChE310/comsol/mass(M).pdf For the phase change (condensation), I did not make any progress yet. But this tutorial might be helpful: http://www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/474/ Please let me know if you have any progress too. Thanks, SMHH

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月15日 GMT-4 20:11
Hi SMHH,

I was wondering if you made any progress on modeling both evaporation or condensation? The first link you posted no longer works.

Please let me know.

Regards,
Alfredo
Hi SMHH, I was wondering if you made any progress on modeling both evaporation or condensation? The first link you posted no longer works. Please let me know. Regards, Alfredo

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月15日 GMT-4 23:35
The link is working you just need to copy and paste it.

Hi SMHH,

I was wondering if you made any progress on modeling both evaporation or condensation? The first link you posted no longer works.

Please let me know.

Regards,
Alfredo

The link is working you just need to copy and paste it. [QUOTE] Hi SMHH, I was wondering if you made any progress on modeling both evaporation or condensation? The first link you posted no longer works. Please let me know. Regards, Alfredo [/QUOTE]

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月20日 GMT-4 20:51
Hi Ross,
The first link does not work. please do me a favor to update that link.

--
Aung Myat
Hi Ross, The first link does not work. please do me a favor to update that link. -- Aung Myat

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月21日 GMT-4 00:54
Hi

read carefully Yevgeniy's answer jus above: use cut&paste of the whole file name text ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi read carefully Yevgeniy's answer jus above: use cut&paste of the whole file name text ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月21日 GMT-4 01:22
Hi Ivar,
I have overlooked it,
Thank

--
Aung Myat
Hi Ivar, I have overlooked it, Thank -- Aung Myat

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.