Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL v5.1 crashes whenever any attempt at computation is made

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have spent a long time searching for a solution to this error and have only had success in finding other people with the same problem on different versions of COMSOL with no solution provided. But it is worth asking anyway in case someone knows the solution. Any time i try to compute a COMSOL model study COMSOL crashes. Log files contain

'EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xc000001d) at pc=0x00007ffae0019fa2, pid=25752, tid=14732'

and

'Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows'.

I will upload a full log file. I don't think the problem is related to memory or storage on my device as I have used COMSOL to create an insanely high resolution mesh to test if this was the issue. It simply fails every time I try and compute anything. The same error is also returned when trying to compute at command line using comsolbatch. This is as far as it gets when doing so before raising the error:

'

Open time: 3 s.

Running: Study 1

Current Progress:   5 % - Compiling equations

Memory: 392/397 653/664

Current Progress:   5 % - Dependent Variables 1

Memory: 402/413 654/664

'

1 Reply Last Post 2023年8月4日 GMT-4 18:06
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 months ago 2023年8月4日 GMT-4 18:06

You should contact Comsol technical support about problems like this. See https://www.comsol.com/support/case .

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
You should contact Comsol technical support about problems like this. See https://www.comsol.com/support/case .

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.