Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calculation of oxides reduction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I'm working with a model that simmulates the reduction of superficial oxides in a powder metallurgy compact. I need that the rate of reaction of this reaction is 0, when the superficial oxides are consumed totally. For this, i have to integrate, in the porous domain, the rate of reaction with respect to time. When this value is higher than the total amount of superficial oxides, the reate of reaction should become 0.

I'm am using the Domain ODEs and DAEs to calculate this, but i'm having problems with the stop criteria ( rate of reaction is 0, when the value s the integral is higher than the original amount of oxides). Once the value of integral is 0, there are still zones were there is rate of reaction is still not 0.
I suppose i'm using a wrong tool to calculate the time evolving integral.
Does anyone can help me with this issue.

I you want to have a look of my model I can attach it.

Thanks...

0 Replies Last Post 2012年10月8日 GMT-4 12:33
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Juan Felipe Tamayo

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.