Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Integration over a domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

How do i write an expression for intergation over a domain in comsol. I am trying to compute the load carry capacity of a collar in Comsol. the LCC is the integral of the pressure over the domain.

3 Replies Last Post 2023年3月6日 GMT-5 01:49
Andrii Grytsan COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago 2023年3月3日 GMT-5 10:29

Hello,

I suppose you are after Definitions->Nonlocal Couplings -> Integration https://doc.comsol.com/6.1/docserver/#!/com.comsol.help.comsol/comsol_ref_definitions.20.086.html

Hello, I suppose you are after Definitions->Nonlocal Couplings -> Integration https://doc.comsol.com/6.1/docserver/#!/com.comsol.help.comsol/comsol_ref_definitions.20.086.html

Posted: 1 year ago 2023年3月5日 GMT-5 15:29

Thank you for your response. But how do i incoporate pressure term in the integration.

LCC= integral (P)dxdy

Thank you for your response. But how do i incoporate pressure term in the integration. LCC= integral (P)*dx*dy

Andrii Grytsan COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago 2023年3月6日 GMT-5 01:49

Say that you have defined integration intop1 over a domain. You can then use an expression intop1(P) to define a variable or to use in Results section for evaluation (Global Evaluation)

Say that you have defined integration intop1 over a domain. You can then use an expression intop1(P) to define a variable or to use in Results section for evaluation (Global Evaluation)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.