Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Measuring Electric Field Depth in a multi-slice model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to measure the penetration depth of an electric field into a multi slice model. Currently the electric field is shown with electric field lines but I am unsure of how to get a value for that depth of penetration. !

1 Reply Last Post 2022年9月21日 GMT-4 21:49
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 2022年9月21日 GMT-4 21:49
Updated: 2 years ago 2022年9月21日 GMT-4 21:56

Slice plots are great for visualization, but if you need numbers, it is better to plot quantities at points or along lines. If you don't already have a line in your model where you would need one, create a "cut line" in post processing, and then you can then create conventional (classic cartesian) plots with very easily readable axes and numbers. You can create 2D or 3D cut lines. Here's a link to video I found that illustrates the process in a 2D example: https://youtu.be/-Lq3fAstS8w?t=205

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Slice plots are great for visualization, but if you need numbers, it is better to plot quantities at points or along lines. If you don't already have a line in your model where you would need one, create a "cut line" in post processing, and then you can then create conventional (classic cartesian) plots with very easily readable axes and numbers. You can create 2D or 3D cut lines. Here's a link to video I found that illustrates the process in a 2D example: https://youtu.be/-Lq3fAstS8w?t=205

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.