Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulation Absorption and Transmission Coefficients using COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone, I am currently studying acoustic metamaterials for a study project. I am totally clueless when it comes to using COMSOL Multiphysics since I have never used it before. What I would like to do is the following : I have already designed and assembled acoustic metamaterial unit cells using SOLIDWORKS. I now wish to evaluate the absorption coefficient of my metamaterial unit cells (and possibly the transmission loss coefficient) using COMSOL Multiphysics. I read that it might be possible to do so by modeling and using an impedance tube (Kundt tube) within the COMSOL software, however, I really have no idea on how to proceed. Any help would be highly appreciated, Simon.

2 Replies Last Post 2022年3月15日 GMT-4 03:57

Posted: 2 years ago 2022年3月7日 GMT-5 19:52
Updated: 2 years ago 2022年3月8日 GMT-5 08:27

Hi simon

I think you could read the ISO 10534-2 <Acoustics - Determination of sound absortion coefficient and impedance in impedance tubes Part2: Transfer-function method, It explains every details in this paper. And, you could draw a 3D model of impedance tube in Comsol and define 2 microphones to solve the acoustic pressure, so that you could get the absorption coefficient and everything you want.

Hi simon I think you could read the ISO 10534-2

Posted: 2 years ago 2022年3月15日 GMT-4 03:57

Hi simon
I think you could read the ISO 10534-2

Hi simon
I think you could read the ISO 10534-2

Hello Junjiang Liu, thank you for your asnwer! After a little research on my part, i found out that the ISO 10534-2 paper you mentioned seems to be pretty pricy :) Are you certain it does contain the information needed for my Comsol simulations to work, should I buy it? If so, should I entirely design the impedance tube or do you know any blueprints or files I could find on the internet (I am really am a total noob on COMSOL Multiphysics) for the impedance tube ? Thank you very much for your time and help !

>Hi simon > >I think you could read the ISO 10534-2 >Hi simon > >I think you could read the ISO 10534-2 Hello Junjiang Liu, thank you for your asnwer! After a little research on my part, i found out that the ISO 10534-2 paper you mentioned seems to be pretty pricy :) Are you certain it does contain the information needed for my Comsol simulations to work, should I buy it? If so, should I entirely design the impedance tube or do you know any blueprints or files I could find on the internet (I am really am a total noob on COMSOL Multiphysics) for the impedance tube ? Thank you very much for your time and help !

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.