Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to open a automatically locked COMSOL file?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am using COMSOL Multiphysics 5.6, one of my file closed by mistake without saving. Now when I opening it, it shows '' The file was locked by user at ---date---time----.what do you want to do ? and showing only option ' Open as Read-only' not showing the option for 'reset lock and open'. (I also have the .lock file in the same directory) What to do to open my actual file? Is anyone has any idea? Thank you very much.

1 Reply Last Post 2022年1月13日 GMT-5 10:03
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 2022年1月13日 GMT-5 10:03
Updated: 2 years ago 2022年1月13日 GMT-5 10:07

The easiest option is probably to simply delete the .lock file and then try to open the .mph file. But you might want to copy both files to another location first, if perhaps you are planning to attempt, at a later time, some kind of in-progress recovery of a partially-completed run. (It is also conceivable you have some sort of failed Comsol-related process still running that needs to be shut down. In that case, you could hunt that down and kill that process using the Windows Task Manager, or you could simply reboot your computer.) The Comsol folks may be able to offer more help.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
The easiest option is *probably* to simply delete the .lock file and then try to open the .mph file. But you might want to copy both files to another location first, if perhaps you are planning to attempt, at a later time, some kind of in-progress recovery of a partially-completed run. (It is also conceivable you have some sort of failed Comsol-related process still running that needs to be shut down. In that case, you could hunt that down and kill that process using the Windows Task Manager, or you could simply reboot your computer.) The Comsol folks may be able to offer more help.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.