Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Study of Piezoelectricity of 1D ZnO Nanorods/nanowires by applying an external force

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys, Here I'm just a new user in COMSOL Multiphysics software. I want to study the piezoelectricity effect of 1D ZnO NRs made sensor device by applying an external force and find out the variation in current Vs voltage Vs appied force. Pl suggest me how to start. Thanks in advance

5 Replies Last Post 2021年2月23日 GMT-5 09:39
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年1月22日 GMT-5 08:55

Hello Rehan,

In the following thread I listed the main free online training resources available to you as you get your feet wet with the software.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Rehan, In the following [thread](https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/249171/comsol-multiphysics-intensive-online-training?last=2020-02-14T13:31:41Z) I listed the main free online training resources available to you as you get your feet wet with the software. Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年2月22日 GMT-5 07:34

Hello Rehan,

In the following thread I listed the main free online training resources available to you as you get your feet wet with the software.

Best regards,

Jeff

Hi Mr. Jeff Hiller, Could you please assist me in building the vertical hexagonal shape? Here I want to built a geametry of hexogonal rod, but I'm unable to set the vertices of top and bottom is to be 0.4micron. I'm unable to build the bottom one as the same.

>Hello Rehan, > >In the following [thread](https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/249171/comsol-multiphysics-intensive-online-training?last=2020-02-14T13:31:41Z) I listed the main free online training resources available to you as you get your feet wet with the software. > >Best regards, > >Jeff > Hi Mr. Jeff Hiller, Could you please assist me in building the vertical hexagonal shape? Here I want to built a geametry of hexogonal rod, but I'm unable to set the vertices of top and bottom is to be 0.4micron. I'm unable to build the bottom one as the same.

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年2月22日 GMT-5 08:42

Hi Rehan,

I don't understand. The screenshot you attached seems to show that you have succeeded in drawing the hexagonal shape you want. Can you please clarify in which way it is not satisfactory and attach your mph file?

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hi Rehan, I don't understand. The screenshot you attached seems to show that you have succeeded in drawing the hexagonal shape you want. Can you please clarify in which way it is not satisfactory and attach your mph file? Best, Jeff

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年2月23日 GMT-5 01:03

Hi Rehan,

I don't understand. The screenshot you attached seems to show that you have succeeded in drawing the hexagonal shape you want. Can you please clarify in which way it is not satisfactory and attach your mph file?

Best,

Jeff

OK, Actually I want to build only a 3D heaxagonal of edges 4um and 0.4um. Here I attached a file like this. Mr. Jeff Hiller, can we discuss via video meeting mode if need? Best Rehan

>Hi Rehan, > >I don't understand. The screenshot you attached seems to show that you have succeeded in drawing the hexagonal shape you want. Can you please clarify in which way it is not satisfactory and attach your mph file? > >Best, > >Jeff OK, Actually I want to build only a 3D heaxagonal of edges 4um and 0.4um. Here I attached a file like this. Mr. Jeff Hiller, can we discuss via video meeting mode if need? Best Rehan

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年2月23日 GMT-5 09:39
Updated: 3 years ago 2021年2月23日 GMT-5 09:56

Sorry, I cannot offer to video conference. A straight hexagonal rod can be drawn by following the same steps that you used to create the conical one, except that you don't specify the 0.4 factors for xw scales and yw scales as shown in your original screenshot (That's what's causing it do be a cone) and that you'd provide the desired lengths for the base hexagon and extrusion distance.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Sorry, I cannot offer to video conference. A straight hexagonal rod can be drawn by following the same steps that you used to create the conical one, except that you don't specify the 0.4 factors for xw scales and yw scales as shown in your original screenshot (That's what's causing it do be a cone) and that you'd provide the desired lengths for the base hexagon and extrusion distance. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.