Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plot total value of dependent variable

kunok Kyung Hee University/Nuclear Materials

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I plotted u value in Graphics window and I want to calculate total summation of u value in 2D system and lay it on my eye during simulation.

To this end, I choose Derived Values > Global Evaluation 1 to evaluate the volume integration but I stuck here.
Once I put 'u' in expression it gives the error occurs. (Fail to evaluate variables)

Only thing I can evaluate from '+' icon is definitions>u0 and solver>t, which I am not pretty sure what does it mean.

How can I evaluate the total summation of u value and check it conveniently?

Thank you very much,
Kunok

0 Replies Last Post 2012年4月5日 GMT-4 16:00
COMSOL Moderator

Hello kunok

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.