Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Control variable change rate

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm doing topology optimization on a fluid flow problem. I was wondering if there is a way I could change the step size of the optimization. In other words, I want my control variables (elements density) to change in smaller steps. I started to receive the following warnings when I moved from the laminar flow to the turbulent: "forward solution failed, requesting reduced step" "unable to assemble the complete Jacobian" I hope by decreasing the modification rate of the control variable, I might be able to eliminate these warnings. I'd appreciate any help.

0 Replies Last Post 2020年9月16日 GMT-4 06:21
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Navid Erfani

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.