Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Peeling Test

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I want to compare my experimental data with the simulation in COMSOL, so I used the Cohesive model as reference. However, it produces error and fails to find a solution.

Overall Setup: * 3D Model

• 2 layers(first layer Mo and second layer SS)

• Solid model: Isotropic

• Initial crack 30[mm]

• Total length 100[mm]

• Force applied at the edge from the top layer.Study>Step1: Stationary> Parameter( Force[range(0,1,300)] )

• Fixed constrain (lower layer)

• N_strength,S_strength(8%N_strength) , GIc and GIIc (8%GIc )from the experiment.

Desired Results

• Plot Froce-Displacement

I have constrained the lower layer, so I just apply a force and i was expecting to get the maximum force and displacement when the peeling start.

• Feature: Stationary Solver 1 (sol1/s1)
  • Failed to find a solution for all parameters, even when using the minimum parameter step.
  • Undefined value found.
  • Undefined value found in the equation residual vector.
  • Returned solution is not converged.
  • Not all parameter steps returned.

Do you have any ideas about improving the model?

Thank you for your help.

Roger Ona

Attachments:

0 Replies Last Post 2020年7月8日 GMT-4 17:27
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Roger Ona

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.