Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calculate Concentration

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Is there any to automate some sort of concentration/flux calculation in COMSOL. I have a perforate pipe. The flow and enter or leave this pipe. I would like to calcualte the concentration leave the first set of perforation and use that as the boundary conditition to the next set of perforation inthe event that flow enters the pipe. Right now, I need to do these computation stepswise by calculating the flow of the first set of perforations by ahnd and adding that to the second set of perforations and then compute the model again and repeat this. There has to be a more efficient wya of doing this.

1 Reply Last Post 2012年2月24日 GMT-5 15:02
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月24日 GMT-5 15:02
Hi

it's something I havent tried myself, but I elieve you can get more or less aroud by mapping the concetration variable of one set of perforations over to the next, and then use that to define xour boundary concentration flux via some clever formula to respect your physics. Check the coupling projection operators. These are somewhat tricky to get running to start with, in doubt, try it on some simple examples, there are a few too in the model library

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi it's something I havent tried myself, but I elieve you can get more or less aroud by mapping the concetration variable of one set of perforations over to the next, and then use that to define xour boundary concentration flux via some clever formula to respect your physics. Check the coupling projection operators. These are somewhat tricky to get running to start with, in doubt, try it on some simple examples, there are a few too in the model library -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.