Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3D modeling results

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm working on a 3D model related to the flowrate in the porous media. Now I have my results of velocity and presuure in whole domain. What I want is to have an intersection in my domain in a certain location and see the velocity or pressure changes surface at that location. I have figured out how to do this for boundaries but I don't know how to make it in the middle of the domain whereever I want. Anyone can help me to figure it out ,if it is possible to do so?

4 Replies Last Post 2012年2月24日 GMT-5 17:41

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月17日 GMT-5 13:38
You can use a cut plane: data set => cut plane.

You can use a cut plane: data set => cut plane.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月20日 GMT-5 11:09
Thank you very much. That was really helpful.
Thank you very much. That was really helpful.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月24日 GMT-5 17:39
I also have a question about how can I cut the plain to have a surface in the middle of it? For example the dimensions are 5mm*5mm*0.8mm, after I got the results I want to see the velocity changes in the surface between, where the vertex of the surface is on 0,0,0.68mm and the dimension is 5mm*5mm*10micrometer. If there is such a possibility in Comsol?
I also have a question about how can I cut the plain to have a surface in the middle of it? For example the dimensions are 5mm*5mm*0.8mm, after I got the results I want to see the velocity changes in the surface between, where the vertex of the surface is on 0,0,0.68mm and the dimension is 5mm*5mm*10micrometer. If there is such a possibility in Comsol?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月24日 GMT-5 17:41
Hi

you can either add cut planes, lines etc applicable to the data set, or youcan cut your geometry, and use the internal boundaries, or lines or points to dump your data.

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you can either add cut planes, lines etc applicable to the data set, or youcan cut your geometry, and use the internal boundaries, or lines or points to dump your data. -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.