Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Imposing a temperature inside the domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I am doing some simple heat transfer simulation: static, no heat source, or radiation only conduction. However I would like to impose a temperature along a curve inside my domain how I can do this?
Thanks
Regards

2 Replies Last Post 2012年2月14日 GMT-5 22:57
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月14日 GMT-5 14:56
Hi

I would suggest to cut your (sub)domain into two by an internal boundary and apply a constant T on that boundary (if you can do that on internal boundaries. If not, I suppse you can define an global ODE on that boundary to impose T-YourT=0

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I would suggest to cut your (sub)domain into two by an internal boundary and apply a constant T on that boundary (if you can do that on internal boundaries. If not, I suppse you can define an global ODE on that boundary to impose T-YourT=0 -- Good luck Ivar

Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月14日 GMT-5 22:57
If your model is 3D and you want to impose a temperature on a curve/line it can be done but not as straightforward as imposing the temperature on a boundary/surface. You can do it by right clicking on the Heat Transfer node and selecting Edges -> Weak Constraint or Edges -> Pointwise Constraint from the menu. Set the constraint expression to T-Tset which will impose a temperature of Tset on the line/curve. If you don’t see Weak Constraint in the menu then you should first activate “Advanced Physics Interface Options”.

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
If your model is 3D and you want to impose a temperature on a curve/line it can be done but not as straightforward as imposing the temperature on a boundary/surface. You can do it by right clicking on the Heat Transfer node and selecting Edges -> Weak Constraint or Edges -> Pointwise Constraint from the menu. Set the constraint expression to T-Tset which will impose a temperature of Tset on the line/curve. If you don’t see Weak Constraint in the menu then you should first activate “Advanced Physics Interface Options”. Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.