Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat Transfer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!!! I would like to know more about heat transfer... How to make a new model, when i could use some ecuations and what are the principal prperties in comsl.
Thanks

6 Replies Last Post 2012年2月24日 GMT-5 15:10

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年1月10日 GMT-5 04:58
To give you an aswer, more details are needed.
Wich kind of system would you want to model? heat transfer in solid? in fluid?
What are the characterising parameters, boundary conditions?
To give you an aswer, more details are needed. Wich kind of system would you want to model? heat transfer in solid? in fluid? What are the characterising parameters, boundary conditions?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年1月10日 GMT-5 05:20
Hi

as for any "physics" in COMSOL, it's worth to: carefully read the related doc, check and perform several of the model library models (text in pdf, models ready), to look at a few of the numerous videos and demo, as well as follow a few of the related webinars. All this you find on the main web site of COMSOL

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi as for any "physics" in COMSOL, it's worth to: carefully read the related doc, check and perform several of the model library models (text in pdf, models ready), to look at a few of the numerous videos and demo, as well as follow a few of the related webinars. All this you find on the main web site of COMSOL -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月20日 GMT-5 12:17
Thank you very much for the reply,
I am simulating a furn built with different materials: brick, clay, etc.. In the oven you can see three phenomena of heat transfer: conduction convection and radiation.
I apply heat transfer in solid-with a heat flux within the furnace and outside of it.
But I'm not sure how to apply convection within the furn, should do as a new physical or in the physics of heat transfer in solids?
All the work I have been developing in the transient state.

Thank you for your help!
Thank you very much for the reply, I am simulating a furn built with different materials: brick, clay, etc.. In the oven you can see three phenomena of heat transfer: conduction convection and radiation. I apply heat transfer in solid-with a heat flux within the furnace and outside of it. But I'm not sure how to apply convection within the furn, should do as a new physical or in the physics of heat transfer in solids? All the work I have been developing in the transient state. Thank you for your help!

Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月20日 GMT-5 14:59
If you want to accurately capture the convection you should model the heat transfer problem coupled with fluid flow of the air in the furnace. You will find many examples on this conjugate heat transfer in the COMSOL model gallery that you can use as good starting points. Check, for example, the following model: “Convection Cooling of Circuit Boards: Forced and Natural Convection”.

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
If you want to accurately capture the convection you should model the heat transfer problem coupled with fluid flow of the air in the furnace. You will find many examples on this conjugate heat transfer in the COMSOL model gallery that you can use as good starting points. Check, for example, the following model: “Convection Cooling of Circuit Boards: Forced and Natural Convection”. Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月24日 GMT-5 12:06
To do convection, I tried draw a geometry, adding air as material, defined pressure, velocity, heat transfer fluids and get error.
What can i do?
To do convection, I tried draw a geometry, adding air as material, defined pressure, velocity, heat transfer fluids and get error. What can i do?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月24日 GMT-5 15:10
Hi

as there are really many things that one can get wrong, specially in the beginning, I would really say play several of the models from the model libraary (print out the pdf and rebuild the model as written, do not load the finished models (nt to begin with), after having run carefully 2-3 and debugged them, I'm sure you will succeed here to

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi as there are really many things that one can get wrong, specially in the beginning, I would really say play several of the models from the model libraary (print out the pdf and rebuild the model as written, do not load the finished models (nt to begin with), after having run carefully 2-3 and debugged them, I'm sure you will succeed here to -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.