Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Question about thermal diffusivity using the temperature-dependent matterial properties

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Question about thermal diffusivity using the temperature-dependent matterial properties

(All are in the .doc file, Thanks)

Hi everyone,
I'm building a model based on the "heat transfer module" and "moving boundary (ale) module", while there is something wrong. Could you give me some tips and suggest.

A traditional thermal diffusivity (D=k/rho/Cp) is defined, while there is some puzzle.

The first method:
It is defined as an analytic function "DTS", but it fails due to the "unknown function or operator" (in Fig.1).

The second method:

I build a variable in the Global Definitions with the name of "D", just shown in the Fig. 3. Then I define an analytic function D*T for the purpose to plot and check it is right or wrong. Unfortunately, it fails.

Which is the best and right way to build a quantity to present the thermal diffusivity?
In my idea, the second one is right, but if I define another analytic function or something which cites this kind of material properties, just like the Fig.2 illustrated. Can't this kind of functions which using the temperature-dependent material properties plot?

Thanks sincerely in advance.
Best wishes to you and your family.
Yours
FM Huang

0 Replies Last Post 2011年12月15日 GMT-5 09:33
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Huang Fumin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.