Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using solution of one solver as a constant in another model's expressions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I would like to ask for your assistance with a certain calculation.

I am trying to model a system in an AC/DC time-dependent study with variable domain conditions. Namely, I have 2 expressions for domain conditions for the same domain, one is active at first part of the study and the other one at the second part, which is not a problem.
The complication is that each domain condition (its expression) is defined in such a way that it changes through time and depends on the electric field, and the electric field in turn depends on the domain condition. Okay, that is also solvable, but an absolute obstacle I don't know how to solve is the fact that the expression for the second domain condition contains the final value of the first boundary condition expression and uses it as a constant value. And not in a form of a scalar (therefore I don't think integration coupling would help), but I need to use it in the exact form as it is presented if I would solve the model for only the first domain condition.

Can someone please tell me how can I achieve this relationship, or at least give a hint? I have tried with one model + at() operator approach (which gave a 'circular dependency' error), also tried using two different models and 'inital values from previous solution option' but didn't succeed in extracting the value I need from the previous solution.

I am currently using COMSOL version 3.5, but also have the ability to work in 4.2.

Thank you!

0 Replies Last Post 2011年12月15日 GMT-5 08:05
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Marija Marcan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.