Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Wave Propagation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I have a simple question ! For example, I build a waveguide in 2d harmonic TE modes. Then solve it for different frequencies and saw some wave proportions patterns. Now I want to turn to the transient mode, and solve the problem in the time domain for one specific frequency and observe the wave propagation in real time

1 Reply Last Post 2019年12月16日 GMT-5 13:14
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 2019年12月16日 GMT-5 13:14
Updated: 4 years ago 2019年12月16日 GMT-5 08:14

solve the problem in the time domain for one specific frequency

Maybe you could explain what you are after. Do you want the solution when a sinusoidal wave is turned on at t = 0? OR do you want to visualize the wave motion at a single frequency?

If the second- look into making an animation using dynamic data extension.

> solve the problem in the time domain for one specific frequency Maybe you could explain what you are after. Do you want the solution when a sinusoidal wave is turned on at t = 0? OR do you want to visualize the wave motion at a single frequency? If the second- look into making an animation using dynamic data extension.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.