Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to plot a charge distribution pictures by RF model?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

thanks for reading. i want to know how to plot a charge distribution plot in RF model ,and it may look like that picture i upload follow,possitive and negative charges represented by red and blue .!

-------------------
chase the lust given by myself

5 Replies Last Post 2019年12月4日 GMT-5 00:41

Posted: 4 years ago 2019年12月3日 GMT-5 02:00

Try to express charge density with built-in field variables in the RF-module.

-------------------
ZHANG, Pu
School of Physics,
Huazhong University of Science and Technology

Posted: 4 years ago 2019年12月3日 GMT-5 03:01

thanks for answering. i tried to find the charge density variable when plot ,but failed .i can only find some variables about current density in the expression node under rf module.could you give me more details about the charge density variables and where i can find it . thank you very much!

-------------------
>Try to express charge density with built-in field variables in the RF-module. thanks for answering. i tried to find the charge density variable when plot ,but failed .i can only find some variables about current density in the expression node under rf module.could you give me more details about the charge density variables and where i can find it . thank you very much!

Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago 2019年12月3日 GMT-5 10:46
Updated: 4 years ago 2019年12月3日 GMT-5 05:48

For a conducting surface in air or vacuum, you could plot (nx * emw.Ex + ny * emw.Ey + nz * emw.Ez) * epsilon0_const which is the surface charge density that follows from Gauss' law.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
For a conducting surface in air or vacuum, you could plot **(nx * emw.Ex + ny * emw.Ey + nz * emw.Ez) * epsilon0_const** which is the surface charge density that follows from Gauss' law.

Posted: 4 years ago 2019年12月3日 GMT-5 22:11

For a conducting surface in air or vacuum, you could plot (nx * emw.Ex + ny * emw.Ey + nz * emw.Ez) * epsilon0_const which is the surface charge density that follows from Gauss' law.

thank you very much ,your advices help me a lot. your method inspires me to try that expression(d(Ex,x)+d(Ey,y))to plot a 2d distribution.and i got a picture attached. thank you again ,you really helped me!

-------------------
>For a conducting surface in air or vacuum, you could plot > **(nx * emw.Ex + ny * emw.Ey + nz * emw.Ez) * epsilon0_const** >which is the surface charge density that follows from Gauss' law. thank you very much ,your advices help me a lot. your method inspires me to try that expression(d(Ex,x)+d(Ey,y))to plot a 2d distribution.and i got a picture attached. thank you again ,you really helped me!

Posted: 4 years ago 2019年12月4日 GMT-5 00:41

thank you very much ,your advices help me a lot. your method inspires me to try that expression(d(Ex,x)+d(Ey,y))to plot a 2d distribution.and i got a picture attached. thank you again ,you really helped me!

you see,in the picture the current flow from red to blue :-)

-------------------
>>For a conducting surface in air or vacuum, you could plot >> **(nx * emw.Ex + ny * emw.Ey + nz * emw.Ez) * epsilon0_const** >>which is the surface charge density that follows from Gauss' law. > >thank you very much ,your advices help me a lot. >your method inspires me to try that expression(d(Ex,x)+d(Ey,y))to plot a 2d distribution.and i got a picture attached. >thank you again ,you really helped me! you see,in the picture the current flow from red to blue :-)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.