Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time-dependent heat flux [Neumann boundary condition]

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys,

I am new in COMSOL, and the same question I am posting, had already circulated several times. Unfortunately, I am not able to solve my problem with the "help" of those posted answers.

1. I would like to solve time-dependent heat transfer problem in 2d
  2. On some boundaries there (see figure) are prescribed time-dependent incoming heat fluxes, in the form of goniometric functions: , where and are parameters I would like to vary later.
  3. In the module heat transfer in solids, I took "heat flux", out of three possibilities there, I don't know which I should chose, and how to implement my heat flux boundary conditions, say for is 1000 W/m and 20 Hz.

2 Replies Last Post 2019年11月5日 GMT-5 08:59
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago 2019年11月5日 GMT-5 07:40
Updated: 4 years ago 2019年11月5日 GMT-5 08:14

Denis,

if I understand properly this should be quite simple. The expression in the q0 field would look like: q0*cos(omega*t)^2

Define q0 and omega as global parameters or directly insert the values. Make sure that the time stepping properly resolves the function.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Denis, if I understand properly this should be quite simple. The expression in the q0 field would look like: q0\*cos(omega\*t)^2 Define q0 and omega as global parameters or directly insert the values. Make sure that the time stepping properly resolves the function. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 4 years ago 2019年11月5日 GMT-5 08:59
Updated: 4 years ago 2019年11月5日 GMT-5 09:00

Thanks Edgar, it works now ... :)

Cheers,

D.

PS: the time step was inappropriate

Thanks Edgar, it works now ... :) Cheers, D. PS: the time step was inappropriate

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.