Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Spiral flat Coil Simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there, I am trying to simulate a printed spiral coil and I am using the Coil sub-branch in the magnetic field physics. I would like to see the magnetic flux generated aroud the coil. In the stationary study an error is generated: "Numeric coil Coil 1 not solved for. Solve it in a Coil Geometry Analysis step." Does anyone have any idea? Thank you

-------------------
NR

3 Replies Last Post 2019年10月21日 GMT-4 02:13

Posted: 4 years ago 2019年10月16日 GMT-4 03:16

Right click your Study node, select "Study Steps-> Other" and insert a "Coil Geometry Analysis" study step. Move this study step above the stationary study step in your model tree.

Should work after that...

Right click your Study node, select "Study Steps-> Other" and insert a "Coil Geometry Analysis" study step. Move this study step above the stationary study step in your model tree. Should work after that...

Posted: 4 years ago 2019年10月17日 GMT-4 12:07
Updated: 4 years ago 2019年10月17日 GMT-4 08:07

Thank you, Now it is working, but I have a new problem. Although the model looks like fine and the simulation goes well to the end, no result is shown up. The current in the close circular coil is set at 1 A but the reult is like a zero current! I download a model from blog that all the seting look similar and while the blog model works fine, my model does not. Do you have any idea? Thak you

-------------------
NR
Thank you, Now it is working, but I have a new problem. Although the model looks like fine and the simulation goes well to the end, no result is shown up. The current in the close circular coil is set at 1 A but the reult is like a zero current! I download a model from blog that all the seting look similar and while the blog model works fine, my model does not. Do you have any idea? Thak you

Posted: 4 years ago 2019年10月21日 GMT-4 02:13

Difficult to know what the problem might be. If you post your model I can take a look. Might be that the plot you are looking at is looking at the wrong dataset...

Difficult to know what the problem might be. If you post your model I can take a look. Might be that the plot you are looking at is looking at the wrong dataset...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.