Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Flux discontinuity problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

My problem is following : I have a 1D model composed of three connected elements (segments). The first study consists in looking at the concentrations profiles of two elements (A and B) in the two first segments as a function of time and nothing can go through the third segment. The second study consists in using a concentration profile obtained at a certain time (obtained from the first study) and to see the evolution of the concentrations profiles in the three segments as a function of the time. The difference with the first study is that now there is a initial concentration of 1mol/m^3 for the element A.
When I tried to look at that, I saw a discontinuity of the concentration : whatever the time choosen, the concentration into the third segment stays constant (i.e. nothing goes through this segment).

Does someone has a idea to solve this problem ?

0 Replies Last Post 2011年11月17日 GMT-5 05:59
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Savart Thibaut

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.