Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to couple two geometries

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am modelling two geometries simultaneously. I want to use the nodal value of temperature at the boundary of geomtery 1 as the boundary condition of the other geometry and vice versa.

In general I want to tie the nodal value of temperature at a boundary of geometry one to a boundary of geometry two (the two geometries have the same shapes and sizes)

Does anyone have a clueÉ

Meysam

2 Replies Last Post 2012年3月29日 GMT-4 08:46
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年11月7日 GMT-5 01:48
Hi

you have the projection coupling operators for that, see the doc

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you have the projection coupling operators for that, see the doc -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年3月29日 GMT-4 08:46
Hi,

I coupled two geometries previously in version 3.5 (or earlier) with success. Indeed using coupling variables as mentioned by Ivar. In v3.5 one could defined two geometries and defined different physics in each. This is still possible in v4 but I do not manage to show the results of the last created model/geometry. Did you, subsequent to this posting manage to solve your problem of coupling? If so, did you manage to plot the results in the second geometry? Now in v4 the geometry belongs to the model node. Previously in v3.5 the model belonged to the geometry tab.
Importing my model from v3.5a to v4.2a did not work.

With best regards.

Marc
Hi, I coupled two geometries previously in version 3.5 (or earlier) with success. Indeed using coupling variables as mentioned by Ivar. In v3.5 one could defined two geometries and defined different physics in each. This is still possible in v4 but I do not manage to show the results of the last created model/geometry. Did you, subsequent to this posting manage to solve your problem of coupling? If so, did you manage to plot the results in the second geometry? Now in v4 the geometry belongs to the model node. Previously in v3.5 the model belonged to the geometry tab. Importing my model from v3.5a to v4.2a did not work. With best regards. Marc

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.