Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Change the order of Geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In comsol4.2 can order of component of geometry be changed?
For example, I have mirrored some blocks. Then I add a new block and want this blck to be mirrored as other blocks. To do this, I must add a new mirror component. Can I use the first mirror component to mirror the added block? In other word, can I creat a new component the order of which is before a extanted one.

2 Replies Last Post 2011年10月25日 GMT-4 04:05
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年10月24日 GMT-4 07:28
Hi

the id ordering of items comes from their location and is internal to COMSOL (from what I know). If you use matlab calls you can add in a geoemtrical object into an exisitng Mirror command, but I do not see how you can do this "automatically" within the GUI

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the id ordering of items comes from their location and is internal to COMSOL (from what I know). If you use matlab calls you can add in a geoemtrical object into an exisitng Mirror command, but I do not see how you can do this "automatically" within the GUI -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年10月25日 GMT-4 04:05
Thank you very much. It seems that I can add a new mirror component to implement the mirror operation, even though it's a little inconvenient.
Thank you very much. It seems that I can add a new mirror component to implement the mirror operation, even though it's a little inconvenient.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.