Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

step function

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello,

Can any one please explain how this step function works??

in input of heat flux: Q*step(t[1/s])

now in global defination:

step function:

parameter:

location: xx ......how this location value xx will change for every new time input???
to: x2 ????

My question is how this all value will vary with time???

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chirag Patel

2 Replies Last Post 2011年10月25日 GMT-4 07:00
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年10月24日 GMT-4 01:23
Hi

always plot your functions (see the plot icon in the upper GUI window border, this helps t set all parameters, and to check that your input looks correct ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi always plot your functions (see the plot icon in the upper GUI window border, this helps t set all parameters, and to check that your input looks correct ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年10月25日 GMT-4 07:00

Thank you very much!!

I think I have to understand function (to read material) and try out trial and error method to understand how it works.!!

Regards,
Chirag Patel
Thank you very much!! I think I have to understand function (to read material) and try out trial and error method to understand how it works.!! Regards, Chirag Patel

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.