Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Some problem about Numeric of Port in RF module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I learned with the "waveguide_adapter" in model liberary, so the problem below is based on it.
FIrst, I don't know the meaning of "search for modes around" in setting of "Boundary Mode Analysis". In the waveguide_adapter model, it is set to be 50 and get the desired solution. However, when I change it to 1 or 10, the "Boundary Mode Analysis" can not find a real model. I wonder how large number should I choice when I calculate for an other problem.

Another question is that if I set "Desired number of modes" to be more than one, which means I calculate for many modes. Then I want one of the model calculated to be set as the port, how can I sepcific the one?
(for example, in the attached file, two of the mode in rectangle side was computed, and it choice one to calculated for propagate, however I want to use the other mode of rectangle side to calculated)

Thanks for your attention. ^_^

1 Reply Last Post 2012年12月20日 GMT-5 00:44
COMSOL Moderator

Hello ZL Huang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年12月20日 GMT-5 00:44
search for mode around we have to give beta value.
search for mode around we have to give beta value.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.