Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Logic functions

Marie Seltveit Haugen

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am new to comsol, and I am making a 2d model of a tank exposed to a heat flux on the top plate, in order to heat a phase changing material inside the tank. Fins are used to enchance the heat transfer.

My problems is:
How do I define the special solar salt I am filling the tank with (a mix of KNO3 and NaNO3)? More precisely; I want to use logic functions so that the Cp-value is changing depending on the temperature of the salt. (for T<110, Cp=0.75 etc) Where can I do that?

Thank you in advance,
Marie.

1 Reply Last Post 2011年10月6日 GMT-4 08:50
Lechoslaw Krolikowski

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年10月6日 GMT-4 08:50
Hi,

The ansfer to your question can be found on COMSOL Multiphysics User's Guide, Version 4.2 (pdf file, pages 150-151).

Best regards,
Andrzej
Hi, The ansfer to your question can be found on COMSOL Multiphysics User's Guide, Version 4.2 (pdf file, pages 150-151). Best regards, Andrzej

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.