Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

working station for 3D diffusion model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,
I would like to know your opinion about what characteristics have to have a computer in order to simulate 3D diffusion though a block. The block is filled with particles (these particles could be spheres, smaller blocks, plates, etc.). Sometimes the block is filled with hundreds of particles. Also, the particles are randomly located. So far, I am working with Comsol 4.2 and Comsol with Matlab (R2010a). I suppose that as much RAM as possible is a good start. And what do you think about a processor core I7?. Is it necessary a graphic board?.
Thank you very much for your help

Gonzalo

2 Replies Last Post 2011年9月23日 GMT-4 18:10
Lechoslaw Krolikowski

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年9月23日 GMT-4 07:48
Hi,

Check Support Knowledge Base: www.comsol.no/support/knowledgebase/866/

Regards,
Andrzej
Hi, Check Support Knowledge Base: http://www.comsol.no/support/knowledgebase/866/ Regards, Andrzej

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年9月23日 GMT-4 18:10
Thank you so much

Gonzalo
Thank you so much Gonzalo

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.