Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Explicit Solver in math mode

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I want to try the explicit solver to solve a problem that is easily solved by the Time-Dependant solver.
The equation to be solved on a 1D interval is :

test(ux^2), where u is the variable.

The initial condition is u(t=0)=0.

There are to Dirichlet boundary conditions : u(1)=0 and u(2)=10*t

The Time-Dependant solver gave the expected solution : at t=1, u(2)=10.

But using the explicit solver with the default settings leads to this error message :

"Explicit time stepping requires linear time-independent constraints"

I don't understand what it means. Do you have any ideas ?

Thanks !

1 Reply Last Post 2011年10月6日 GMT-4 09:24

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年10月6日 GMT-4 09:24
Support answered me that in Dirichlet Boundary Conditions, the time parameter "t" can't be used.
(With the time dependent solver i used " t " in order to apply a loading that increases with time)
Support answered me that in Dirichlet Boundary Conditions, the time parameter "t" can't be used. (With the time dependent solver i used " t " in order to apply a loading that increases with time)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.