Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol 3.5a Matlab flsave

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi.
I have some problems with connecting Matlab 2008a (7.6?) to Comsol 3.5a - I'm using a model build by my colleagues and after exporting it to Matlab, and after making some changes in the material properties of subdomains -
fem.equ.ind(3)=2;

and doing simulations:
fem.xmesh = meshextend(fem);
fem.sol = femnlin(fem);
postsurf(fem,'normB_emqa')

everything seems to be ok.. but ... after this when I save the fem structure using:

flsave model1 fem;

When I open the model1 in Comsol the field of a material property is unchanged (there is a lock near the subdomain.... )...
My aim is to change material properties of subdomains in Matlab, take caluclations in Matlab, evaluate - but I want to have calculated models in Comsol.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rafał Piotuch

2 Replies Last Post 2011年9月7日 GMT-4 02:33

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年9月7日 GMT-4 02:19
Hi Rafal,

could you send some short example files that reproduces the problem? I would also recommend to update Matlab and install the Comsol Patches for the Communication with Matlab if you can.

Sunny regards,

Stefan
Hi Rafal, could you send some short example files that reproduces the problem? I would also recommend to update Matlab and install the Comsol Patches for the Communication with Matlab if you can. Sunny regards, Stefan

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年9月7日 GMT-4 02:33
Hi Stefan,
I think I can not.. Because it is my and my colleagues work.. But I will check if this problem occurs for other project - the simpler one - if so - I will send you my project.
Thanks for advice.
PS But how can I "upgrade" Comsol - I have also "academic" Matlab 2010a but I have heard that Matlab 2008 is a "stable" version.
Regards,
RP
Hi Stefan, I think I can not.. Because it is my and my colleagues work.. But I will check if this problem occurs for other project - the simpler one - if so - I will send you my project. Thanks for advice. PS But how can I "upgrade" Comsol - I have also "academic" Matlab 2010a but I have heard that Matlab 2008 is a "stable" version. Regards, RP

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.