Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

RF: Resolving Singularities; Simple Antenna Signal Mapping

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Greetings COMSOL Forum!

I have a simple antenna I'd like to model constructed from an SMA-fed wire connected inside a cylindrical steel can, positioned at the half-wavelength point off the can's base.

The geometry is defined in 3D.

What I'm having difficulty with is mapping the input signal to that SMA wire.

I've tried defining a simple sine function, and two ports: one for the SMA wire (input), and one for the can (output) -- where does the input connect in the Electromagnetics solver? And is the open edge of the can the correct port declaration for the antenna's propagation?

I've tried inputting a fixed frequency into the Maxwell Equation, as well as the function label (which appears orange).

In both cases, I get singularity errors in the mesh when I'm trying to get an electromagnetic field distribution.

Any insights on how to correct these complications?

Thanks,
DSE

0 Replies Last Post 2011年8月12日 GMT-4 13:32
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Deran Eaton

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.