Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boundary settings of rotating machinery

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Dr. Ivar

Now I am trying to model a rotating machinery in AC/DC Module. It is exactly an axial flux permanent magnet synchronous generator.
I`ve finished the geometry and model of the generator. Yes, It`s like a disc, so it will be more efficient than the radial one.

These are the explanation of my model:
- Permanent magnet poles are pleced in the back yoke of rotor.
- Stator, which consist of some winding/coil, are placed between the two rotor. I`m using coreless stator one.
- There is air gap between rotor and stator.

I have adjusted the subdomain physics settings by choosing the material and the H-B equation, but I have no idea, what I have to do next.. So users, please suggest me what I have to adjust next.

- How to adjust the boundary settings?
- What function and equation that I`ve to give for the model.. In what part?
- and how to visualize the outcoming voltage of every phase of the generator??

Thank you

Chatra P

0 Replies Last Post 2011年4月20日 GMT-4 02:19
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Chatra Prisandi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.