Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electromagnetic Problem!!!!

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have designed a Flux-Switching Permament Magnet Tubular Machine.

The machine is supose to work as both motor and generator.
Therefore I have some questions:

1)How can I set a AC current?

Should I set a value o J dependet of t(time)?

2)When I set a predescribed movement on the rotor(translator - since it's moving linearly) the magnetic potencial lines remain static and do not change with the movement of the translator.

Is there a usual problem leading to this anomaly?

The very best regards

João

1 Reply Last Post 2009年11月18日 GMT-5 16:46
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009年11月18日 GMT-5 16:46
Hi

for your question 1) AC current: it depends what you are looking for:
a) is it the timely procss when you start to apply a AC sinus current, in which case its rather the time dependent behaviour, and solver
b) or is it the steady state for a given harmonic frequency of given AC amplitude, for which case its rather a harmonic analysis , or harmonic frequency sweep solving case.

for 2) I do not exactly undestand your case, but you have a couple of examples of moving parts in magnetic fields, or moving magnests over fixed volumes, in the Eddy current examples in the document and models, I suspect you can find some good clues therein.

Good luck
Ivar
Hi for your question 1) AC current: it depends what you are looking for: a) is it the timely procss when you start to apply a AC sinus current, in which case its rather the time dependent behaviour, and solver b) or is it the steady state for a given harmonic frequency of given AC amplitude, for which case its rather a harmonic analysis , or harmonic frequency sweep solving case. for 2) I do not exactly undestand your case, but you have a couple of examples of moving parts in magnetic fields, or moving magnests over fixed volumes, in the Eddy current examples in the document and models, I suspect you can find some good clues therein. Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.